kasey schumacher | social cues | oct. 2018
Time for another behind-the-scenes look at a Let Me Be Frank Productions show! “Ghosts of Maribel Caves" was a fitting show for the fall season as it had to do with ghosts, haunted hotels and mysterious encounters. Check out 25 things you may not have known about the latest production.
- 1.I'm a HUGE Eagles fan, so I was thrilled when I found out we were having not one, but two Eagles songs in the show!
- 2.We welcomed back Zach Hibbard to our cast for this show. He did our “Twin Bridge Summer" show in June of 2017. It has been wonderful having him back on the LMBF stage.
- 3.This is one of the only shows that has been less about a specific decade of music (like '60s, '70s, etc.) and more about a styleof music. We opted for more spooky and dark music this time around – but it still is mostly from the '70s and '80s.
- 4.Amy did the choreography for “How Will I Know"
- 5.I did the choreography for “Evil Woman"
- 6.Lisa did the choreography to the “Devil Woman/Black Cat" mashup
- 7.Tom did the choreography for “Let's Dance"
- 8.Tom's inspiration for his choreography comes from “Beetlejuice"!
- 9.Pat thought of, created and implemented the “Devil Woman/Black Cat" mashup. It's the first time I've ever been a part of a show with a mashup song.
- 10.“Witchy Woman" was the most difficult song for me to learn my harmonies to – despite being one of my favorite songs of all time! I had the melody stuck in my head.
- 11.This is the first time all season that a film sequence has been used in a show.
- 12.We filmed the opening sequence at our rehearsal facility (the old Packers Hall of Fame building) – it's also where Frankly Green Bay segments are filmed.
- 13.Tom and I wore green makeshift fabric socks to conceal our legs and make us look like we were floating in the video.
- 14.As is the case with many of our shows, Frank visited the site that inspired the show. He took a field trip to the site of the Maribel Caves hotel.
- 15.The “bros" of Michael and Zach have actually worked together on stage before; they went to high school together!
- 16.I saw a performance of “Mad World" done by Adam Lambert on “American Idol" in 2009 and have wanted to sing it since.
- 17.This show wins the award for most-songs-with-the-word-woman-in-the-title. There are four songs in this show with that word in the title.
- 18.Recognize the camera and boom mic props? They were also used in both of the UP Housewives shows we did in 2015 and 2017.
- 19.My costume was inspired by Madonna. I'm not confident I got the look down.
- 20.Amy and Frank's characters were inspired by a radio comedy sketch series from the 1940s called The Bickersons.
- 21.This is the third time Lisa's done a Taylor Dayne song in a LMBF show. She does such a good job with her songs!
- 22.I was originally supposed to sing “Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac, but we switched it to “Rhiannon" instead!
- 23.Amy has also done many Pat Benatar songs before too! She does a killer Pat Benatar!
- 24.The separate sections of “Hotel California" were not assigned to us randomly. Amy took a look at the lyrics and assigned us sections based on what made the most sense with our characters.
- 25.Tom knows how to juggle and tried to teach me for this show. I don't think I have a future as a juggler!
Kasey Schumacher is the marketing director for Let Me Be Frank Productions by day and a performer for the troupe by night. When she isn't updating Facebook or singing a 1970s classic, she enjoys running, cooking, questioning final rose picks on 'The Bachelor" and planning overly extravagant trips to Disney.